We see constant development – both of our technology and the know-how of our employees – as the key to the success of Havelländische Eisenbahn AG. By constantly maintaining close contacts with technical universities, technical colleges and research institutes, we ensure a continuous transfer of knowledge. Within a close, cooperative framework of pilot projects with companies and industry, we are the first testing ground for new technical developments in practical railway operations.
Hybrid locomotive EuroDual
Co-development and testing of a six-axle hybrid locomotive
Commissioning and operation in HVLE heavy goods traffic
Project for noise reduction on the Blue Tiger large diesel locomotive in cooperation with the Federal Ministry for the Environment, Nature Conservation and Nuclear Safety (BMU) and the Technical University of Berlin
- Up to 7 dB reduction of noise level
- Post-conversion compliance with all TSI Noise critical values
Further training seminars
In cooperation with the Association of German Railway Schools - VdEF
- Driving simulator seminars, e.g. for energy-efficient driving
- Practical training for train drivers
Various research projects in cooperation with the Technical University of Berlin
- Periodic noise seminars
- Testing of newly developed derailment detectors, automatic brakes test
(in cooperation with Knorr-Bremse)
- Development of an optimized bulk goods wagon - Faccns
- Study on the wear-and-tear of wheelsets - in cooperation with the Fraunhofer Institute
- Project for the development of driver assistance systems
- Project to optimise the aerodynamics of freight wagons
- Research project for RFID-based automatic wagon recognition
Head of Technology / Railway Operations Manager
Phone +49 (0) 33234 300 170 0
We, as Havelländische Eisenbahn, strive to continue to develop our climate-friendly and future-oriented transport system in order to live up to our responsibility to the environment. A considerable part of the resources allocated to research and development is used with a view to the ecological optimisation of our transport operations. We put particular emphasis on optimising energy efficiency and minimising noise emissions.
This is achieved, among other things, by our cutting-edge locomotive fleet and the increasing use of composite brake blocks on freight wagons.
As a certified waste management company, Havelländische Eisenbahn is also a member of the Entsorgergemeinschaft Transport und Umwelt e.V. (Transport and Umwelt waste management association).
- CO2 management system: IT-supported balancing of CO2 emissions from our freight transports
- Reduction of operating noise through the use of modern braking technology